Safety and Protection
For marine vessels, water repellency is critical because water is always present and often unpredictable. Hydrophobic coatings improve visibility by over 30%, giving an additional second of reaction time which translates into a valuable safety feature. When a coating is applied to the glass of a commercial marine vessel or personal water craft, this added safety feature can be the difference of encountering an issue or avoiding one.
DFI protective coatings are much more durable and resistant to normal chips, cracks and scratches because it reduces the coefficient of friction and increase the possible weight load of glass by up to 10 times. In Marine applications, equipment on board can often hit the glass while underway damaging the surface. DFI's coatings are impact resistant and will minimize the damage and the hassles of glass replacement.
Protect Against Harsh Salt Water
Salt water corrosion is a major problem in vessels that travel the ocean, requiring constant, laborious wash downs. DFI coating create a smoother glass surface hard salt water cannot stick to. What does stick is much easier to remove than if the glass were not treated.
DFI Glass Protection Treatment for Marine Vessels:
- Is 100% optically clear
- Is military-grade
- Is UV resistant, so won't blister or peel like other coatings
- Patent-protected in over 40 countries worldwide
- Windshields are 10X more resistant to damage
- Improves visibility, reaction time and night glare by up to 35%
- Repels water improving heavy-weather visibility
- Protects passengers and cargo
- Is easier to clean, allowing salt water and other debris to be more easily washed away
- Requires no harsh chemical cleaners that pollute our oceans
- Reduces damage from corrosion and mineral buildup
- Revitalization to maintain “like new” performance, if desired, is easy and effective
- Make glass resistant to scratches, chips and cracks from equipment impacts
- 10X more water repellant
For all these reasons, many maritime entities and National Navy vessels are currently using DFI coatings.
For more information on DFI protective coating's marine application, please fill out the contact form on the right.